What does Friends of Shelby do?
We are committed to maintain park features, promoting programs and activities in the park and making revitalization efforts possible. And with event attendance, donor and member support we are able to support more every year.
- Funded new and updated amenities like water fountains and bicycle repair stations
- Helped maintain existing facilities and landscapes
- Supported continuing education for staff at the Shelby Park Nature Center
- Supported the East Nashville Little League to ensure that youth in the community can learn habits to lead better and healthier lives.
- Allocated funds for improvements to the Dog Park
- Installed bee hives for pollination of plants in the park and surrounding areas
With funds from the Cornelia Fort Pickin’ Parties, we have:
- Returned electricity to Hangar One
- Helped the East Nashville Little League and Stratford High School bring batting cages into Hanger Two with financial assist
- Brought water back onto the Cornelia Fort grounds for the first time since the 2010 flood with a people & pooch water fountain and bottle filling station
** The series also creates about 140 jobs/season for Nashville musicians, illustrators, tee-shirt printers, audio engineers, stagehands, security professionals, lighting & electrical techs, and food vendors and rental houses.
Most importantly, we are the voice of the voice of those who use Shelby Park & Bottoms, advocating for the needs of the park with the city and other stakeholders.